WordPress released version 3.3.1 of it’s ever-popular Content Management System yesterday. The new release fixes a number of issues in version 3.3 and addresses a few small security concerns.
Caledon Virtual will be rolling out version 3.3.1 upgrades over the next few days, so be on the lookout for:
- a new drag-and-drop uploader
- hover menus in the Dashboard navigation
- an updated toolbar
- improved co-editing support
- a new Tumblr importer
- pointer tips for new features included in each update
- a friendly welcome message for first-time users
- revamped help tabs throughout the interface
- improved the dashboard experience on the iPad and other tablets with better touch support
We trust you’ll like the overall improved performance, as well. Several sites that had previous used aggressive caching to improve performance are no longer using third-party caching as a result of the performance improvements combined with Caledon’s impressive new web hosting service.
Of course, if you should have any questions or run into any issues, let us know.