Social media has revolutionized the marketing world. The ability to target a relevant audience is greater now than at any other time in history, and that includes business to business (B2B) marketing. The crown jewel of B2B social media is LinkedIn, with more than 347 million users globally and more than 111 million of them here in the United States it is the number one way for professionals to connect with each other. We invited Sara Rubenstein in to talk about how to best use LinkedIn for B2B marketing.
Sara has five tactics in how to use online marketing for B2B, with a lean towards LinkedIn.
- Diversify Content Delivery – Your content should position you as an expert in your field. Whether that’s white papers, blogs, video, case studies, etc. you should show your potential customers why they want to connect and do business with you. Push this content out in newsletters, social media (especially LinkedIn), trade magazines, or anywhere else that makes sense. If posting online, make sure you link back to your website. Everything you’re creating should live on the website and be linked to.
- Fish Where The Fishes Are – You won’t get any leads where people aren’t congregating. For B2B sales and marketing, that’s LinkedIn. Join relevant groups, post content your audience wants to consume, and interact with that audience.
- Think Visual – Images and videos are gaining more and more traction online, including LinkedIn. Figure out how to turn your industry into a video or image and share with your network.
- Mobile Matters – Even though the LinkedIn mobile experience is not as refined as we would prefer, a large number of LinkedIn users access the site via phones or tablets. As of last November, that was 47% of LinkedIn users, so it is likely north of 50% here at the end of April, 2015. Make your content easily digestible for mobile users and check to see if your site is mobile-friendly.
- Valuable Content – We touched a bit on this in point 1, but create content that is relevant and valuable to your potential customers and audience(s). If you don’t think they would want to consume it, don’t post it.
Social media is ever-evolving and it is easy to get in over your head. That’s why we’re here. Contact Angela Huhman today to set up an appointment so we can help you with all of your online marketing needs.