finger 769300 1920 1finger 769300 1920 1

We’ve all experienced it. Check out a pair of new shoes online and consequently see those shoes in ads all over the web for the next month. This is the practice of remarketing and businesses are using it to increase their online sales. As we all spend more time online, remarketing is becoming one of the most cost-effective ways to reach your customers. So how does this emerging strategy help put more money in your bottom line? We’re glad you asked.

  1. Hyperspecific Targeting – According to AdRoll, only 2% of your customers convert on their first visit to your website. That leaves 98% of your visitors who haven’t done business with you. Remarketing allows you to remind them about the shoes they were looking at in the places they visit most online, gently reminding them to complete the purchase process.
  2. Brand Awareness – How often do you place complete trust in someone you just met? Consumers are the same way. They have to get to know you first before they trust you enough to do business with you. Remarketing puts you in front of those customers who read your email or were doing research on you, allowing you to build trust, awareness, and (eventually) sales.
  3. Enhance Other Tactics – Have a robust email list but don’t see it generating traffic? Use that email list to target ads to your customers around the web and especially on social media. Same people that have already connected with you, but this removes the step of counting on them to open your email.
  4. Deliver Specific Messages – Since you know exactly who you’re targeting with remarketing ads, there’s no need to be general. Use specific and targeted language. For example, “Get 10% off these shoes today!” and use an image of the shoes the customer was browsing. You have a vital piece of information on your side: You know these people have expressed interest in purchasing your product. Use it to your advantage.
  5. Targeted Advertising – When you have a general promotion to run, you can put your ads in front of people you know want to hear about it. Broadcast and print are still valuable mediums, but neither can offer the audience targeting that digital remarketing does. Your audience of people who have visited your website in the last 30 days will always be more valuable than people 25-45 who own a dog. Why? Because the first audience knows who you are and wants to do business with you already.

Remarketing is a big topic and there are lots of options out there. We’d love to sit down with you and talk about how remarketing can increase your revenue. Send us an email or give us a call at 573-446-7777.